Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to do a "shine" effect on a graphic element
TravisJ [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 12, 2019 21:02 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all, I'm still new to Power Director 17 and am learning a lot with these first couple of projects I have been doing; and I wanted to ask a question about how to do a certain effect on a graphical element, within a video, in my Power Director 17 work-space. For example, take a look at this brief video:

https://www.facebook.com/BBBCET/videos/355329245170372/

Notice how, at the beginning of the video, the blue "BBB" torch kinda of disintegrates/swirls. I've seen this organization do another sort of effect with the BBB logo where they have sort of a "shiny" effect on it; sort of like a white-light, goes across the surface in a diagonal manner (or whatever shape direction, doesn't have to be diagonal necessarily), in a similar manner to the effect you see on the link I just provided. How could I execute this in a graphical element within a video, on Power Director 17, a little brief "shine" on an object?

(I have no indication that these folks use Power Director 17, or anything, I just wanted to use it as an example to illustrate the type of effect I'd like to use, and then how to use it, in Power Director 17.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Sep 14. 2019 22:43

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are several different ways to do that. Try using the Special Effects panel in the Title Designer if you only need to add some flash to your text. There are several available styles and various "looks" for each style.

If you have a graphic (with or without any text), you'll need to use one of the timeline FX from the FX room. Depending on which version of PD is installed, there will be various choices there. If you have the BorisFX packs installed, maybe the Light Sweep or Lens Flare 3D effects will do what you're looking for.

The option that looks like the best bet to me is from a 3rd party add-on pack made by Pixelan. I'm specifically thinking of the Depth Effects pack for CreativEase, which includes Rise/Shine, and you'lll probably want to use keyframes in their designer window to get the sweeping effect just right.

There is a minor cost for that add-on pack, but you may find it well worth the cost. I've bought most of their packs, and they've been very good at responding to questions and to the few problems I've encountered.

Maybe other forum members will have additional suggestions, but I think there's enough info here to get started. Just remember that there's no "right" or "wrong" way to do anything here, so just try things out and see which ones work the way you want

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°