Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering for video's on Whatsapp
Philippina [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2016 09:43 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I use PD 17 to edit and produce video's for our YouTube channel. We plan a new series of 5 minutes video's for our channel but simultaneously for distribution on WhatsApp.
Included in the file attatched is the rendering info I normally use for YouTube video's. (H.264 AVC)
Question:
1) What is the best way to produce the video's for WhatsApp? Should I first render a video for YouTube and afterwards do a second rendering for WhatsApp? What is the best route to follow?

I do not wish to merely post the video on YouTube and send a link to WhatsApp. The idea is to make the video's available on WhatsApp in smaller files for people who do not have access to YouTube and do not have much data.

Please advise.

Ina
[Thumb - Rendering for YouTube video's.JPG]
 Filename
Rendering for YouTube video's.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Rendering for WhatsApp distribution
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Computor info.PNG]
 Filename
Computor info.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Computor info
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know if there's a file size limit for What's App. But from what I've seen online, the specs for What's App are the same as for YouTube.

Use the Produce option for H.264 (or H.265) MP4: 1920x1080 30 fps.

EDIT: I see some refererences to What's App having a file size limit of 16 mb, which is pretty small. (About 90 seconds of video.) Posting to YouTube and then linking from What's App is probably the best option for 5 minute videos.

Unless I'm looking at outdated specs, the nature of What's App doesn't lend itself for longer, YouTube style videos.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 09. 2019 08:02

Philippina [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2016 09:43 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, Steven G. I will try one video and test it for WhatsApp.
Appreciate.
Ina