Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I cannot download link sent in email
LizPenn123* [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2019 19:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
just bought PowerDirector 17 yesterday. Received an email with 7 links total. I downloaded all 7. There is part 1 which is an exe file. Then parts 2 thru 6 are rar files. Then one is just add ons it looks like. I downloaded the winrar program to get parts 2-6. I then downloaded all the files into a folder on my desktop. I extracted the rar files and once all that was done I double clicked on part 1 (the exe file) to start the download. I got an error message saying “you need to have the following volume to continue extraction” which then tells me I need part 2. I have part 2, but because the files were extracted it’s no longer called part 2, now it’s 20 different files. I’m so lost. Why is this so difficult???? I should just be able to click the link and download the program. It’s been 2 days straight and I still can’t figure this out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2019 21:13

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Those files were never meant for you to extract on your own like yoyu did. Try this: Put all the original downloaded files in a folder. Click on the .exe file in that folder and everything should be installed correctly.
LizPenn123* [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2019 19:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Those files were never meant for you to extract on your own like yoyu did. Try this: Put all the original downloaded files in a folder. Click on the .exe file in that folder and everything should be installed correctly.
. It worked! I made it so much harder than it was. Thank you so much.