Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Snapshot feature not woorking
ddg4005
Newbie Location: Bronx, NY-USA Joined: Sep 28, 2007 12:19 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
The snapshot feature no longer works after applying the latest patch for PowerDVD 19. I subscribe to the software and just noticed the problem today. A man must have a code. -Bunk
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
What are you trying to take a snapshot of? What content are you playing? Are you getting an error message, or just nothing happens?

Dave
ddg4005
[Post New]
Quote What are you trying to take a snapshot of? What content are you playing? Are you getting an error message, or just nothing happens?

Dave

The problem occurs with whatever video I'm playing (MP4 or WMV). I play them locally, and when I hit C to take a snapshot the folder is empty (under PowerDVD 19). There's no error message.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Have you enabled the high performance mode in more video settings?

It is for old GPU to run 4K video or use a 4k monitor. The performance mode will disable the snapshot function.
Current GPU won't need this mode to run smooth playback in 4K.

So, disable it if you want to take snapshots.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2019 03:44

ddg4005
[Post New]
Quote Have you enabled the high performance mode in more video settings?

It is for old GPU to run 4K video or use a 4k monitor. The performance mode will disable the snapshot function.
Current GPU won't need this mode to run smooth playback in 4K.

So, disable it if you want to take snapshots.

Thanks for the suggestion. I unchecked the box for high performance, but the snapshot feature still does not work.
ddg4005
[Post New]
The latest patch for Power DVD has not fixed this problem. Is the snapshot feature no longer supported? A man must have a code. -Bunk
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I can take snapshot normally on video files playback (press "C" on keyboard) no matter with powerdvd 19 earlier version or current version.

It seems that the condition you received is not a bug that commonly occurs on other platforms.
Try reisntall the program to check if the hotkey works, or contact cyberlink support for further assistance.
ddg4005
[Post New]
Quote I can take snapshot normally on video files playback (press "C" on keyboard) no matter with powerdvd 19 earlier version or current version.

It seems that the condition you received is not a bug that commonly occurs on other platforms.
Try reisntall the program to check if the hotkey works, or contact cyberlink support for further assistance.

I was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling, then reinstalling the application and pointing it to the correct folder on my PC.