Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing GoPro Hero 7 Black 4K footage into PD17 Ultra
cswnow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2019 19:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to import GoPro Hero 7 footage into PD 17 Ultra. I keep getting an error message telling me I have to upgrade to 365
to be able to import 4K files.

The file is a 4K 60fps file and it's my understaning it's H.265 version from what I've read. I am not expert on the H.264 vs H.265 files

I have read the specs for Ultra and it says it should be able to import and export the H.265 and every indication from what I have read on here, PD has been able to do that for a while.

I have used Handbrake and dumbed it down to a H.264 1080 file and that worked. But why should you have to do this??

I also read something about 4K 8bit import?? Again I know nothing about these file types.

I will attach a DxDiag file.

The test clip will be in another attachment.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I am running:
Ultra
 Filename
DxDiagCW.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
183 time(s)
cswnow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2019 19:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
7 second 4K clip is pretty large, get an error message on the upload. Is there a better place to drop it?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. The limit on forum attachments is about 5MB, so you'll need to upload it to Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link to it here.

Also, if you're using the Trial version of PD, you won't be able to import 4K clips.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 27. 2019 19:54

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi cswnow -

That's odd. I'm running the same build of PDR17 (17.0.3005.0 Ultra) and have no issues importing 4K HEVC clips (from my grandson's GoPro 7 Black).

It's an equally odd alert, if that's indeed what it says. The subscription (365) & perpetual versions are identical in terms of compatibility with various formats & resolutions.

The suggestion that it may be a trial version, which would explain the limitation, makes sense but I'm not sure whether it would be "17.0.3005.0".

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Cswnow – You can always download the GoPro apps from their website for free and try to edit them on your workstation.