Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 12 only imports video at 30FPS
Toweruk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2019 09:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I need some help

I capture videos at 60FPS

But when I import this and open in Power Director 12 it only adds video at 30 fps and not 60fps

There is no point producing video at 60 fps as as the video is not showing as 60fps.

https://imgur.com/a/yAx97JR

Any comments greatly appreciated
[Thumb - PWR.jpg]
 Filename
PWR.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screenshot
 Filesize
196 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2019 09:32

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
PD12 does not change the file properties. Use Windows file explorer. Right mouse click on the file and click Properties/Details. The frame rate of 29 should be displayed. Attach a screenshot on the popup box on your next post.
Toweruk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2019 09:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
https://imgur.com/a/HlnzcG3

60 fps
Quote PD12 does not change the file properties. Use Windows file explorer. Right mouse click on the file and click Properties/Details. The frame rate of 29 should be displayed. Attach a screenshot on the popup box on your next post.

Hi

the clip in 60fps
[Thumb - fps60.jpg]
 Filename
fps60.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
60fps
 Filesize
257 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2019 11:18

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've never seen that before. Can you upload the actual clip to Google Drive or DropBox or OneDrive and paste a link here so we can test it on our systems?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Toweruk, I suspect your game capture footage is probably variable framerate which I've seen PD12 behave in that fashion. Your pic of 59.88fps is a little unique which suggests a variable framerate but using Windows file properties for this can have issues too, free MediaInfo much more reliable. This issue I believe tends to occur when the variable framerate is large, near static action type capture and then high action capture. Your best option for problem free editing is probably to convert the clip with Handbrake to a constant fps.

Jeff