Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Do you think newblue total fx is worth it.
[Post New]
Newblue has a monthly subscription for all the effects transitions in one package. The best deal is you put $230 up front and pay 20 a month. It is compatible with PD I know because I downloaded the trials and you have a lot of customization options.

But would it be worth it? For me to really make it worth it they would have to update the subscription with new packs as they get released but what do you think?

TotalFX
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
The real question is Is it worth it to YOU?

I can't imagine getting my money's worth out of a $20/month subscription for video effects -- but I don't use a lot of video effects in my movies.

If having a huge library of effects is important to you, NewBlue is a great source.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Newblue has a monthly subscription for all the effects transitions in one package. The best deal is you put $230 up front and pay 20 a month. It is compatible with PD I know because I downloaded the trials and you have a lot of customization options.

But would it be worth it? For me to really make it worth it they would have to update the subscription with new packs as they get released but what do you think?

TotalFX

This product isn't compatible with PowerDirector Totalfx Compatibility

If you want NewBlueFX products that are compatible with PowerDirector you can get the 365 subscription and you can buy additional products at the NewBlueFX Legacy Product Vault. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
[Post New]

This product isn't compatible with PowerDirector Totalfx Compatibility

If you want NewBlueFX products that are compatible with PowerDirector you can get the 365 subscription and you can buy additional products at the NewBlueFX Legacy Product Vault.

I downloaded all of the trials of the packs that are in Total FX and they all worked with PD so I don't see why it wouldn't work but I messaged them on Twitter just to be sure.
[Post New]
Quote The real question is Is it worth it to YOU?

I can't imagine getting my money's worth out of a $20/month subscription for video effects -- but I don't use a lot of video effects in my movies.

If having a huge library of effects is important to you, NewBlue is a great source.

Well more effects would defintely help my videos so I'm considering it but not 100 percent sure yet.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

I downloaded all of the trials of the packs that are in Total FX and they all worked with PD so I don't see why it wouldn't work but I messaged them on Twitter just to be sure.

This is a pack of plugins that are not compatible with PD. I do not see an offer to download any trial versions of the plugins. Can you share the link to download the trial versions?

Thank you. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

[Post New]

This is a pack of plugins that are not compatible with PD. I do not see an offer to download any trial versions of the plugins. Can you share the link to download the trial versions?

Thank you.

https://www.newbluefx.com/products/transitions/transitions-ultimate/ This for example is the transition pack, Download the trial and it'll install a Newblue installer sorta like Adobe Creative Cloud. Once it installs you'll see it automatically in PowerDirector

Here You can see it added a new category to the transitions. They are all watermarked but you can get an idea of what they do.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]

https://www.newbluefx.com/products/transitions/transitions-ultimate/ This for example is the transition pack, Download the trial and it'll install a Newblue installer sorta like Adobe Creative Cloud. Once it installs you'll see it automatically in PowerDirector

Here You can see it added a new category to the transitions. They are all watermarked but you can get an idea of what they do.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing where the free trial links are. That is cool that the Transitions work with PD. Wonder why good ole PD isn't meantioned on the compatibility page for that product. I was really wondering if Titler Pro 7 Ultimate works with PD since it is part of TotalFX. Can you confirm that? It would be great if it works.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2019 18:57

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

[Post New]

Awesome! Thanks for sharing where the free trial links are. That is cool that the Transitions work with PD. Wonder why good ole PD isn't meantioned on the compatibility page for that product. I was really wondering if Titler Pro 7 Ultimate works with PD since it is part of TotalFX. Can you confirm that? It would be great if it works.

Unfortunately you can't install totalfx as a trial if you want to try it you have to buy it. I'm still waiting on their response but Newblue is like a store that's open for business but there are no employees in sight . It's very difficult to get a reply from them but if I do I'll let you know.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2019 22:10