Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17 issues with variable bit rate mp3 a new pc
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Have a new pc now for a few weeks now. It was purchased by a family member to do hevc 4k 60p video editing. It has the latest 9th generation i7 cpu and is as slow as molasses with the GoPro apps and got abandoned for it.

These videos can be edited with PD17 provided that shadow files are enabled. I am trying to get some use on this new pc. Imported 1080/60p 5.1 audio projects started on my old win 7 pc to this one and have had to work out the many issues found when using PD17. I use stereo mp3 in these projects.

mp3 stereo audio that work just fine with PD17 on my old pc play at slow speed on the new pc when 5.1 instead of stereo is set in preference. The Realtek HD audio driver is dated 7/24/2018 ver. 6.01.8496. Windows Update installed an older driver dated 9/13/2016 ver. 6.01.7936. Downloaded and installed latest generic driver from the Realtek website dated 7/26/2017 ver. 6.01.8186. None of these drivers resolved the problem. See the attached.

Got a hunch from reading a previous forum post that variable bit rate mp3 does not display or play properly on their pc in PD17. Check and found that variable bit rate mp3 do not play properly on this new pc but constant bit rate mp3 do play properly in PD17. There has never been a problem using the same variable bit rate mp3 with PD17 on my old pc.

It is possible that this is an issue that may need to be addressed by Cyberlink on PD17.

EDIT: The forum timed out.
 Filename
Variable bit rate mp3 test.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Vaiable bit rate mp3 test in PD17 on new pc.
 Filesize
1767 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1040 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 20. 2019 22:21

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've sent you a couple PMs. I've never changed the audio setting to 5.1 before now, but when I did, I still heard the correct audio, although the sound level was much lower in my stereo headphones.

It might be your system or it might be that specific clip. The only way to tell is to have other people test that clip on their systems.

Also, nVidia just released v436.02 today, and you may want to try installing that along with their HD audio driver and see if that makes any difference (assuming you have an nVidia GPU).

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've tested your shared project on my system, and there aren't any issues with 5.1 sound over here:

I think your DxDiag results show some pretty significant system level issues, and it's worth running both sfc /scannow and then dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth from an Admin-level command prompt to see if they can find and repair any issues.

If they don't find anything, I'd seriously consider resetting Windows or even doing a full reinstall. It's a pretty new system, and loading everything on it again shouldn't take too long.

If I run my system on only the Intel UHD 630 GPU, I can preview 4K 60p clips in Full HD resolution without any lag. I can even flip the video upside down without PD slowing down, but if I use a more intensive edit, like speeding up the clip 3x, PD can only keep up for 9-10 seconds before the preview stalls.

In other words, if you're not able to at least simply preview 4K 60p clips, even in Full HD resolution, something's probably not configured right with your system.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for testing the project and reviewing the Dxdiag for this new pc. I have spent a significant amount of time trying to fix or workaround all the issues with the new pc and is consider returning it. Maybe convince them the pc is defective and get an exchange. Return it and pay a restocking charge, or return it and pay $500 more to get one that include the rtx 2070. I need to do some backups before going further with it. Thank You again.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ran the scanhealth and then the scannow - Got message that Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Ran them twice. It still did not resolve the mp3 issue. My workaround here is to use only constant bit rate mp3 for now.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
One positive outcome from all this is that the FaceBook Site on new tab no longer crash on Edge. After a minute will get the rectangular square to Recover website. This always happens since day 1 on this new pc. I know to expect it! Must have been a bad installation of Windows 10.

This does not happen anymore. FaceBook is responsive when opened. Do not have to wait for the Facebook page to crash and then recover like earlier tonight.

The scanhealth and scannot appeared to have fixed Edge at least! sealed
optodata
[Post New]
Quote The scanhealth and scannot appeared to have fixed Edge at least! sealed

There were a bunch of Edge crashes at the end of the DxDiag report so that's why I thought you should run the repair utilities. You might as well try uninstalling the GoPro software and PD, then reinstall just PD to see if anything changes with the MP3 issue.

YouTube/optodata