Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you Edit Text?
Dogsbody [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2017 12:27 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I hope that this is a really simple question. BTW Version 9 if that matters.
I added some text to a picture.
I now have two layers - one for the picture and one for the text.
I can figure out how to rotate and distort the text but not how to edit it.
Would someone please tell me how to fix the spelling mistake I have? Please!

thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I now have two layers - one for the picture and one for the text.
I can figure out how to rotate and distort the text but not how to edit it.
Would someone please tell me how to fix the spelling mistake I have? Please!

thanks

In PhD10 you can simply click on the text in the layer and see a blinking cursor. Change whatever you want by typing. To roate the text you can simply place the mouse cursor at the top center of the dotted line text box and see a double headed arrow. Move that mouse cursor slightly higher and see a curved double headed arrow. Click and drag to rotate the text. release the mouse button when you finish.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You may need to click on the Text layer again before you can edit/rotate the text

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dogsbody [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may need to click on the Text layer again before you can edit/rotate the text

Maybe I am doing something really basically wrong.
Remember this is version 9 if that matters.
If the "T" on my menu is hightlighted, then my cursor is a big "I" (see attachment) and all I can do is add a new text box.
If the Menu "T" is not highlighted, my cursor is a pointer (see attachment) and all it allows me to do is move the text.
It doesn't matter how many times I click or double click.
Thanks for any more help.
[Thumb - THighlighted.jpg]
 Filename
THighlighted.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
when the T in menu is hightlighted
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - TNotHighlighted.jpg]
 Filename
TNotHighlighted.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
when the T in menu is not hightlighted
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have PhD6, 7 and 10. In the earlier versions the layers are displayed along the top edge, rather than along the right, but the functionality is exactly the same.

Here's a short screen capture showing what I'm doing. I went an extra step by leaving the Layers room, but that was just to show that I could come back in and still edit the text. I really don't understand what might be causing your problem, since it really should be this straightforward:

In the worst case, right click on the misspelled text item on the left side and chose Delete, then place a new box:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Dogsbody [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have PhD6, 7 and 10. In the earlier versions the layers are displayed along the top edge, rather than along the right, but the functionality is exactly the same.

Here's a short screen capture showing what I'm doing. I went an extra step by leaving the Layers room, but that was just to show that I could come back in and still edit the text. I really don't understand what might be causing your problem, since it really should be this straightforward:

In the worst case, right click on the misspelled text item on the left side and chose Delete, then place a new box:

Well I want to thank you for going through the trouble.
I took your other advice and simply deleted the text box I had and put it in again and now it works fine.
But maybe I shouldn't care anymore but no matter what I did, I could not modify the text in the original box. Not sure what I did to cause that.
But thanks anyway.
optodata
[Post New]
I'm all about getting things to work, so I'm glad Plan B worked even if the original cause will remain a mystery

YouTube/optodata