Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transition works in fast preview not in final rendering...
rajasan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2019 07:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
On video editing, tracks transitions work well in preview, but during the final rendering some transitions do not work.
Especially transitions like page turning, interference, mirror, wave, ect.
Is it due to my laptop (Lenovo Yoga 520) or something else?
//
Sur les pistes de montage video les transitions fonctionnent bien en apperçus rapides, mais lors du rendu final certaines transitions ne marchent pas.
Surtout les transitions du genre page qui tourne, interférence, miroir, vague, ect.
Est-ce dû à mon ordinateur portable (Lenovo Yoga 520) ou autre chose ?
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote On video editing, tracks transitions work well in preview, but during the final rendering some transitions do not work.
Especially transitions like page turning, interference, mirror, wave, ect.
Is it due to my laptop (Lenovo Yoga 520) or something else?
//
Sur les pistes de montage video les transitions fonctionnent bien en apperçus rapides, mais lors du rendu final certaines transitions ne marchent pas.
Surtout les transitions du genre page qui tourne, interférence, miroir, vague, ect.
Est-ce dû à mon ordinateur portable (Lenovo Yoga 520) ou autre chose ?

The community will need a lot more technical information regarding your Laptop.....CPU, GPU, RAM etc. Have you tried creating a short range involving a transition, and rendering just that section of your project? Does the transition get rendered?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2019 13:26

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with TDK1044. It would really help to see a screen recording to understand what's happening.

Je suis d'accord avec TDK1044. Il serait vraiment utile de voir un enregistrement d'écran pour comprendre ce qui se passe.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
rajasan [Avatar]
[Post New]
My laptop information:
Proc : intel core i3 8130U 2.20 GHZ
RAM : 4 GO WIndows 10 64bits

- Have you tried creating a short range involving a transition, and rendering just that section of your project?
> Yes and Yes and Always in this part.
In place of the transition I just have a black video.

I tried with just a fade and it's black again on those part.

Note that I edit on an initial video in 4k converts to proxy / shadow 720 P to go out in 1080 P.
On 30 minutes of video I just finally have 3 or 4 black transition Bugs.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 13. 2019 05:17

TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My laptop information:
Proc : intel core i3 8130U 2.20 GHZ
RAM : 4 GO WIndows 10 64bits

- Have you tried creating a short range involving a transition, and rendering just that section of your project?
> Yes and Yes and Always in this part.
In place of the transition I just have a black video.

I tried with just a fade and it's black again on those part.

Note that I edit on an initial video in 4k converts to proxy / shadow 720 P to go out in 1080 P.
On 30 minutes of video I just finally have 3 or 4 black transition Bugs.

There are others here with far more technical knowledge than me, but looking at your specs, I don't think your Laptop is really powerful enough for video editing. You have an i3 processor and 2.20GHZ, and I think the minimum required for decent results would be an i5 processor, with an i7 or higher being recommended.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13. 2019 08:24

rajasan [Avatar]
[Post New]
I use the laptop on vacation only and I have a more powerful one at home.
But with the litftle one I do that editing in draft mode to finalize everything at the end.
Normally there is no problem in most cases.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible that the shadow files were not fully generated on those 4k clips that you applied the transitions. If that is the case then let the shadow files complete. Remove and Place a different transition in between the two clips. That should work.