Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with burning blu-ray disc
BikeMe
Newbie Location: United States - Buffalo, NY Joined: Feb 03, 2009 21:27 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Passing this along as a FWIW . . . I used PowerDirector some years ago, but it's been a long time. Had a new project I wanted to do that involved a total of 10 videos across one top menu and three sub-menus, with customized backgrounds/audio, thumbnails, etc. It took me some time to get that all worked out, with much assistance from YouTube videos and threads from this forum, but I did get to the point where I was ready to burn. Bought an external optical drive that supported single and double layer BR discs and a set of compatible discs.

First burn with PowerDirector failed at around 40% (error eEB191087). I then followed all the steps recommended by Cyberlink to improve chances of success - shut down all other applications (including anti-virus/firewall/etc.), clear Windows temp files, etc. - I also simply disconnnected from internet access. Second attempt also failed, not getting as far as first attempt - same error code.

I tried the next Cyberlink work-around (per website), which was to burn the BRD folders to disc, download Cyberlink Power2go (free trial), and then use that for the disc burn. Well, that failed as well - after only 6%. Error code 0xeb191087 suggests a hardware defect in the burner or disc compatibility problem.

So I was thinking I was going to have to call Verbatim (drive vendor, but it actually appears to be made by Pioneer) customer support to troubleshoot the drive/discs. I anticipated they would ask for the particulars of my setup and, when getting to software, possibly ask why I wasn't using the software that came with the burner - Nero Express Essentials. To avoid getting blown off on the first call (and since customer support isn't open on weekends), I decided to uninstall Power2go, install Nero Express Essentials, and give it a try. After figuring out how to get my Cyberlink BR folders in the proper place to use Nero for the burn (again thanks to a post on this forum), I fired it up and the project successfully burned in less than 15 minutes. I put the disc in my Blu-Ray player and it played fine.

Moral of story? It appears that Cyberlink's disc burning software isn't the greatest. I can't help but feel being mislead by Cyberlink when it says its software will burn discs and then points the finger elsewhere when it fails. PowerDirector does a decent job of video and audio editing. But if they're going say that it willl burn discs, they should maintain the quality of the burn component. If not, abandon it and tell customers they can only use PowerDirector for the editing and tell them they'll need to use a different product for the burn.

I realize the trend is moving away from discs to the cloud, but I'm not familiar with a platform that will allow one to use menus to organize and present vidoes to family and friends in a curated fashion. Bill Schickling
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like you were successful in burning your project to a BD folder with PD. If so, you then need nothing special and no additional software, you can simply burn this folder structure to BD with just Windows explorer as discussed here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51482.page#post_box_270180 and other threads.

Jeff
BikeMe
Newbie Location: United States - Buffalo, NY Joined: Feb 03, 2009 21:27 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It sounds like you were successful in burning your project to a BD folder with PD. If so, you then need nothing special and no additional software, you can simply burn this folder structure to BD with just Windows explorer as discussed here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51482.page#post_box_270180 and other threads.

Jeff

Thank you. Hadn't seen that. Will give it a try. Bill Schickling