Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible to move Power Director from one PC to another?
Palo Santo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2019 10:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

This may have been covered before, so please forgive the question if so.

I am looking at purchasing PD 17 Ultimate as a DVD Rom (rather than download). I may end up upgrading the computer I'm using in the next two or three months - so I'm wondering if I will be allowed to move my licence for the software over to a fresh machine? Is it as easy as uninstalling?

Thank you in advance
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Guys,

This may have been covered before, so please forgive the question if so.

I am looking at purchasing PD 17 Ultimate as a DVD Rom (rather than download). I may end up upgrading the computer I'm using in the next two or three months - so I'm wondering if I will be allowed to move my licence for the software over to a fresh machine? Is it as easy as uninstalling?

Thank you in advance

Yes, and Yes. You are only allowed to install the stand-alone (non-subscription) version on one machine at a time, so as long as you uninstall it from your old PC and then install it on your new one, you'll be OK.
Palo Santo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2019 10:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Yes, and Yes. You are only allowed to install the stand-alone (non-subscription) version on one machine at a time, so as long as you uninstall it from your old PC and then install it on your new one, you'll be OK.

Thanks, that's what I suspected, and was hoping to be the case. I only intend to use it on one machine at a time, but was just a little worried that I might loose my software if I upgrade my machine soon. Thank you.