Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sudden Appearance of Error Code eC00C0005 with PowerDirector 15
James73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2013 15:58 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have been burning dvds regularly with PowerDirector 15 on my Windows 10 computer (Intel i7 with 16 GB RAM). I have had no issues until this week ,,, now I always get the above error code about 24% of the way into the authoring process no matter what I try to burn. Nothing has changed in my system and the mp4 files I am editing are no different from those always used used in the past.

I am running the latest version of Power Director 15. I have not uninstalled the progam, but I did reinstall the latest update. That did not do anything. What in the world is going on??
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Use ReWritable Discs to save from making coasters. Check No Menu and Check Create a folder in the final burn window. If the authoring finishes to 99% then you can use the folder to burn to a disc. If the authoring and burning completes then you know the problem is in the menu you selected.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Nothing has changed in my system

Are you quite sure that you haven't had a Windows 10 update? I think sometimes these can occur without requiring a reboot so you might have had one without noticing. When problems occur out of the blue it's often due to unannounced updates.

I would suggest you try doing a System Restore, if possible to a date when you last had a successful burn. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64