Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 subscription rate
Simon52 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2014 08:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm currently using PowerDirector 15 and would like to upgrade to 365. My query is this: I regularly receive offers of discounts to upgrade to 365 - if I take advantage of a diiscount of, say 30%, what happens to my subscription rate after the expiry of the first 12 months? Does it continue at the same rate or does it immediately jump to the full/non-discounted rate?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Simon -

The last thing you need is someone guessing an answer, but that's all I can do.

The way I read it is that the current 30% discount offer would apply for either 12 months or the life of the current version. I'd say CyberLink wouldn't be offering a 30% forever discount!

Really, the best thing you can do is contact CyberLink Customer Service and gat the facts from them.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Simon52 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2014 08:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote G'day Simon -

The last thing you need is someone guessing an answer, but that's all I can do.

The way I read it is that the current 30% discount offer would apply for either 12 months or the life of the current version. I'd say CyberLink wouldn't be offering a 30% forever discount!

Really, the best thing you can do is contact CyberLink Customer Service and gat the facts from them.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for your input. I follow and agree with your logic, it's just that I wasn't able to obtain any clarity on this when reading through all the verbiage contained in the Cyberlink promotional material!

I would understand if the rate applied to 12 months but would be a bit miffed if I subscribed and two months later there was an "update" which ended the period of the discounted rate!

I'll follow your advice and contact Customer Service.

Cheers, Simon