Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Basic Product capability questions...
Digital Purchase [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2019 18:02 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am a CyberLink newbie.
I am interested in Blu Ray disk use and eventually copying.

I purchased an ASUS Blu Ray drive and intalled it on my workstation.
It came with Power2go8 and Powerbackup. I installed those products. They seem fairly straight forward -- a utility to copy stuff to/from a BluRay media and a backup program to create a backup media.

What I want to do is to essentially rip Blu Ray DVDs. To do that I need to read them and I thought I needed to purchase PowerDVD because it could avoid the Cinavia watermark. Is that true??

My intention was to use MakeMKV to pull the data from the Blu-ray, then run it through Handbrake to compress it down and write it to a Blu Ray disc or my media server.

Along the way I thought that I read that I needed PowerDVD 18 to remove the Cinavia watermark and then I could take the data and pass it through Handbrake.

Is that true -- do I need PowerDVD 18 to eliminate the watermark?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
None of the CyberLink products will let you rip commercial Blu-rays. Or commercial DVDs for that matter. You can extract content from music CDs and home made DVDs in some of the software.

PowerDVD or any other products do not remove Cinavia either. PowerDVD is a media playback software and is not designed for ripping video from discs.

Dave