Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you move a title template around the screen?
[Post New]
I've just subscribed to the 365 version of Power Director to take advantage of the new packs, particularly the music festival pack.

I've downloaded the titles and would like to use the 'Music Festival Title 04' (The plectrum with user added titles on top)

On the preview video for this title on the Cyberlink website, this title is in the top left of the screen but the one I have is in the bottom right and I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to move it around the screen.

Am I missing something simple? I can move the titles that sit on top of the graphic, but not the graphic itself.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The clips on the trailer are a little misleading because the locations are definitely fixed for the actual titles. As you can see from this thread, the graphics are made of hundreds of individual clips (exactly 200 in this case), and it's a lot of work to edit every single one

There is a straightfoward way to quickly relocate any animated title, but it relies on chroma-keying, and that will always leave a few visual artifacts around the edges. However, they may be inconsequential depending on what your main visual content is.

Here's what I'm talking about:

I've packed that project and you can download it from here. You can customize the "Ross Taylor" title clip and then produce that. If you drag that new clip onto the "Plectrum Title" clip and choose Replace, your new version will be ready to go with my chroma key edits in place. Obviously, you'd want to remove the Clipboard02 clip and replace that with your content.

I produced the "Plectrum Title" clip to 4K using black as the background because the title has lots of midrange hues, and chroma-keying with green, yellow, orange or red backgrounds always took out some of the details. Feel free to experiment to see if you get better results.

I also included the 4K and HD samples against a screenshot from the CL promo vid in the folder.

You may also want to try out the free PDTemplatePacker app by forum member Godfrey ZA to see if you can simply relocate the screen location for the 200 .png images in the project's \titles\title_04_16_9 folder. If I have time, I'll try to do that as well.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I just tried working with the PDTemplatePacker, and while it did what it was designed to do, it isn't set up to make any changes to the content, so I had to go back to PD - and that's where I found the answer!

All animated titles, etc. use particles for the active images, so to relocate the animation anywhere on the screen, you simply need to use the Particle Designer!

Here's a quick video showing how %^^%$##^ing easy this actually is!

Bottom line, there's no misrepresentation on the promo clip regarding the location of the active titles, it just wasn't clear how to move them before (at least, to me).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 30. 2019 18:18

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Wow... It's as simple as that!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.