CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power DVD 16
Reply to this topic
user01789 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Very easy, polite and straight forward; Powewrdvd 16 has not had an update in nearly 2 years, yet more recent versions have.
Any reliable reasons beyond cash grabbing?
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 3554 Online
[Post New]
Quote Very easy, polite and straight forward; Powewrdvd 16 has not had an update in nearly 2 years, yet more recent versions have.
Any reliable reasons beyond cash grabbing?

Generally speaking, Cyberlink releases a new version of each product every year, and they only actively support each version (releasing patches and updates) for 2 years. As they're currently at PowerDVD 19 and v16 was released 3 years ago, I can't imagine it will get any additional updates.

This is a fairly standard business model, although they've added a subscription plan for PowerDirector and other editing software. Each approach has its own pros and cons for the consumer, but with yearly releases they're going to keep letting older versions fade away as new ones are introduced.
youtube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | 8 Core/16T i9-9900K (4.8GHz) | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 6TB SSDs

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | HF S200 (HD 30p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
user01789 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
High 5 to you Optodata, some good if safe text there. Do you use any thing such as a random Fox title to check that every thing is up to date? Mainly because my experience is that Fox seem to update their content protection first and or most often.
whatevergong82 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 19, 2014 11:08 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote High 5 to you Optodata, some good if safe text there. Do you use any thing such as a random Fox title to check that every thing is up to date? Mainly because my experience is that Fox seem to update their content protection first and or most often.

Now that Fox has been absorbed by the House of Mouse (Disney), I hope that you won't have to deal with those issues anymore.
Reply to this topic