Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 Free Packs
Andy Editor 001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2019 09:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm on PowerDirector 17/365 and received an email advertising some "free" music content packs, including a Music Festival Pack, for example. When I go to download the pack, the web page indicates a cost of $49.99. Is it free or is it $49.99? This is confusing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you have the subscription version ("365"), all you need to do is open the Cyberlink Application Manager and scroll through the list on the Packs menu tab, then click on Download for any packs you want to install:

If you have the stand-alone (lifetime/perpetual license) version, you would have been provided with a zip file with all available packs when you purchased PD17, but it's been a few years since I've had a stand-alone version and I'm not sure how Cyberlink distributes new packs these days.

If you look at the table (a little past halfway down) on this comparison page, they make clear that subscribers have access to all packs when they first come out, while non-subscribers are limited to 6 packs, 50 tracks and 100 clips.

Hopefully another member will post about how to get access to the Music Festival Pack for non-subscription users.
[Post New]
Sorry to hijack this thread but I don't think my question warrants a new one.

I'm thinking of subscribing to the 365 plan but would I get access to all the content packs that have previously been released?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink features comparison :

https://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector-video-editing-software-365/buy_en_US.html?affid=2581_1369_540

Usually if you have previous Powerdirector and content packs, as long as you install 365 before you remove your previous Cyberlink programs. 365 will find and include all of your previous packs.

The subscription verson does automatic updates. You get a notice that there are updates available, it is up to you to open the Application Manager and install the updates.

In the subscription model, all of the content packs are included. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry to hijack this thread but I don't think my question warrants a new one.

It actually does, as it's not really related to OP's request and it will likely deter someone from responding to the unanswered question of how non-subscribers can access these packs.

There are also several existing threads covering the subject of keeping previous versions installed and accessing older content, and Carl's answer is consitent with them.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry to hijack this thread but I don't think my question warrants a new one.

I'm thinking of subscribing to the 365 plan but would I get access to all the content packs that have previously been released?

Just as a general point, it is often better to start a new topic, unless the issue is almost exactly the same. There is no disadvantage from the forum mechanics or logistics perspective to starting new topics, so feel free.

Another advantage to new topics - as long as the topic header is properly reflective of the issue in the post - is that it does make it easier for members who come after to find and benefit from any info contained in the topic, whereas a mixed up topic can be more confusing and long winded.

One of the tasks for mods is to alter topic headers to more accurately indicate content - the all too common topic title "Help" comes to mind - it really is pretty useless as an indicator of content and more a marker of the OP's state of mind!!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2019 15:34

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do