Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blank screen on primary monitor
Germishuys [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2019 16:05 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
After finally manageing to reinstall PowerDVD 12, I have the same issue that prompted me to try update (and which then broke the install)

My primary screen is a 4K, running of an Nvidia GTS 750ti
Up until recently, I've had no trouble playing discs on here.

The two other screens are both HD, running of the internal Intel chip.

However, when I play discs I get a blanks screen (black, or dark purple, or dark blue)
The main screen is large, used for movie watching

I can, howeer, see video on the otehr screens if I move the PowerDVD window

This all started when I tried to play the Atomic Blonde bluray. I assumed it was due to this having a new encryption key, so tried to update the software. Then the application would not start. However, now trying discs I know that worked, I am unable to get any to show on the main screen.

I have sucessfully viewed several films in the past like this, so I am not sure why the current issue.
As for a Windows 10 update, I am running 1903, but can't tell if this updated before or after the troubles started, as I have used a trial version of PowerDVD 19 without any hassles for the last several weeks, while the trial lasted.

Any hints and advice appreciated!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
First, PowerDVD 12 is not guaranteed to support Windows 10. It came out three years before the release, and does not get as many updates as the later PowerDVD versions that support Windows 10. So Windows 10 updates will for sure affect playback of DRM content.

I am not sure about your setup, but Blu-rays shouldn't play on multiple screens at the same time (if that is what you meant). But anyway...it is most likely Windows compatiblity that is causing this, as you mentioned PowerDVD 19 was working fine. I would suggest upgrading to a version that supports Windows 10, i.e. version 15 or later. You can get them on Amazon still. Actually, there is a great price for PowerDVD 17 right now: https://www.amazon.com/Cyberlink-DVD-EH00-RPU0-00-PowerDVD-17-Ultra/dp/B071QX3LDR/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=power+dvd+15&qid=1564111665&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Dave

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 25. 2019 23:37

Germishuys [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dave

Thank you for the reply.
Just to clear up my OP. I can move the PowerDVD window between the displays, but when the window is moved across the primary screen, it then goes blank. When moved to any of the others, video plays fine.

I understand Windows 10 might have had an update that causes this issue, however things were working properly before on this hardware and software. And my reasoning is that if things worked before, and I can see video on any other screen, then things should work.

I have logged a support ticket, and have just now replied to their various queries, so hopefully something works out, otherwise, thank you for that lnk!

Andrew
whatevergong82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2014 11:08 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
There is also a decent price for PowerDVD 18 Ultra, which is one version behind the latest version (as of 7-27-2019)

https://www.amazon.com/Cyberlink-PowerDVD-18-Ultra-Powerful/dp/B07CKQPDC5/ref=pd_sbs_65_1/135-2360905-2131202?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07CKQPDC5&pd_rd_r=82774577-4f55-4d67-a486-5003e27db6be&pd_rd_w=8c3EQ&pd_rd_wg=ZgB0n&pf_rd_p=3b323567-8df4-459a-bcb9-5adf545829d4&pf_rd_r=1SH25S4XS2JC7HY3ZGDE&psc=1&refRID=1SH25S4XS2JC7HY3ZGDE

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2019 22:14

Germishuys [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you for that!
I'm going to try a few more things with what I have, else I guess I will use those links to get a newer version