Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disable auto track addition when adding clips?
DJAC56 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2019 04:30 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I usually work with 2 video tracks when editing.

Every time I add a clip to track two, PD17/365 automatically adds a third video track.

I don't want it to.

It's very annoying.

How do I disable this 'feature'/irritant?
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I usually work with 2 video tracks when editing.

Every time I add a clip to track two, PD17/365 automatically adds a third video track.

I don't want it to.

It's very annoying.

How do I disable this 'feature'/irritant?

I think that by default, the Track Manager is set to add 1 new video/audio track. Open the TM and select zero for additional audio and video tracks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
TDK1044 answered first, but I'm pretty sure that each time you open up the Add Track box, the default values of 1 V and 1 A track will be selected. Premptively changing them to 0 probably won't work for this situation.

The reason you're able to add a clip to track 2 is because PD has enabled that track by default, and automatically adding a new track whenever you put a clip on the lowest track is a way to avoid a situation where you have to stop whatever step you're in the middle of and manually enable/add a new track.

Having an empty track at the bottom doesn't have any impact on the project, and if you're unhappy with it being there, you can remove it directly (or remove all unused tracks) once you've finished placing all your clips.

In any case, it's not something that can be disabled, so it's better to find a way to work with it rather than to continually fight it.

You can use Rate Us & Suggest Improvements under PD's File menu if you want to let Cyberlink know that you'd prefer to have an option to enable/disable the automatic track adding feature.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 24. 2019 15:58

TheLostHoosier [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2021 14:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote TDK1044 answered first, but I'm pretty sure that each time you open up the Add Track box, the default values of 1 V and 1 A track will be selected. Premptively changing them to 0 probably won't work for this situation.

The reason you're able to add a clip to track 2 is because PD has enabled that track by default, and automatically adding a new track whenever you put a clip on the lowest track is a way to avoid a situation where you have to stop whatever step you're in the middle of and manually enable/add a new track.

Having an empty track at the bottom doesn't have any impact on the project, and if you're unhappy with it being there, you can remove it directly (or remove all unused tracks) once you've finished placing all your clips.

In any case, it's not something that can be disabled, so it's better to find a way to work with it rather than to continually fight it.

You can use Rate Us & Suggest Improvements under PD's File menu if you want to let Cyberlink know that you'd prefer to have an option to enable/disable the automatic track adding feature.

This is a right royal pain in my patootie as well. I do a lot of editing of multiple video tracks with separate audio, narration, and text. When it adds a new track, it bumps those off my screen. Since I can't move them above the new track, I'm constantly having to stop my workflow to remove it and/or readjust my spacing.

Gus