Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bending and Wrapping Text
VetSups [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2019 12:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Is this really a feature that doesn't work in Photo Director?

I want to manipulate my text in a banner image and I cannot seem to find a way to do this.
[Post New]
Hello VetSups,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

PhD is essentially a photo management and editing application, despite its inclusion of a wide range of extra features. Text wrapping is not one of those features (and one you won't find in comparable software).

There are plenty of graphic/illustrator types of programs that can do that for you, and the resultant file can be imported into PhD as a separate file or a new layer.

You may not have a need or the $$$ for Adobe Illustrator, but there are some free options: Inkscape & Paint.NET spring to mind.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Hi VetSups.
Cyberlink PowerDirector offers some limited text manipulation. Apart from a 3D app in the TEXT area, it has various apps that allow you to treat the whole image to create waving flag, reflections and many more effects. OK, I know it's not PhotoDirector but you can still download a trial version to see if it has what you need.

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.