Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ScreenRecorder 4 -Audio randomly starts crackling
starzar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2019 01:00 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I use ScreenRecorder 4 which came bundled with PowerDirector17 on my i3-2.2ghz laptop(Windows 10/64bit).

I use it for making tutorials which are typically 1 hour long.

The screen recording and audio work fine for most of the time but suddenly out of nowwhere the audio starts crackling for about 5-10 minutes and then starts sounding fine.It completely ruins the affected section of the recording.

I am using a BlueYeti mic and have configured ScreenRecorder to use the sound card on the BlueYeti.
I monitor the audio with a headphone but when ever the crackling happens ,it does not get picked up in monitoring.

On checking the Audio settings in the ScreenRecorder ,there are no tweaking options available.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 21. 2019 23:50

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
If you didn't purchase Screen Recorder and only got it as the plug-in for PowerDirector, then you don't have version 4. Only version 2 is bundled with PowerDirector.

You should first try updating to the latest version: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/screen-recorder/patches_en_US.html

There have been a few recent patch update fixes for all versions. I use version 4 and have never faced this issue. So maybe contact support if the patch update doesn't fix it:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Dave