Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shooting GH4 60fps (slow motion) Normal speed playback in PD17?
MrPadded [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2014 02:42 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Please help me out here. I'm trying to increase my frame rate for some faster shots. So I have my GH4 set at 60fps. I would assume going to setup user preferences and picking 60fps would mean that the playback would be normal speed (and not slow motion) but I'm wrong it's still in slow motion.

Can someone help me out here?

How do I get the 60fps to playback at normal speed without having to adjust the speed adjustment manually which will be hit and miss?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Setting your frame rate doesn't affect how quickly your video plays. Frame rate is just the number of frames per second.

A 60 fps video plays at the same speed whether it's loaded into a project set up for 30 fps or 60 fps. At 60 fps, you just get more frames each second -- which can add clarity if you're shooting lots of action or movement.

What are your project settings?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 19. 2019 08:04

tiapia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2019 07:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
hi
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Please help me out here. I'm trying to increase my frame rate for some faster shots. So I have my GH4 set at 60fps. I would assume going to setup user preferences and picking 60fps would mean that the playback would be normal speed (and not slow motion) but I'm wrong it's still in slow motion.

Can someone help me out here?

How do I get the 60fps to playback at normal speed without having to adjust the speed adjustment manually which will be hit and miss?

If you recorded a video at 60 FPS it should play smoothly on any player and on PD as well.
Must Produce at 60 FPS to maintain standard. Use profile Analyzer
If the recording shows itself as slow motion, even adjusting the time (speed) does not usually have a good result. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365