Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
preference menu: where to set folder locations for the fastest rendering
ILS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2018 19:48 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I have cyberlink Powerdirector15 on PC with SSD and two new fast HDDs (E: 6 TB and F: 8TB). The program is on the SSD C: drive; the raw video files are on the E: drive. Where on the preference menu do I set folder locations for the fastest rendering and producing?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have cyberlink Powerdirector15 on PC with SSD and two new fast HDDs (E: 6 TB and F: 8TB). The program is on the SSD C: drive; the raw video files are on the E: drive. Where on the preference menu do I set folder locations for the fastest rendering and producing?

It won't make any real difference, since the transfer rate needed to pull from data from and write to the disks is lower than the rate that any of the disks run at.

You can easily verify that by importing one source clip on your E: drive and producing to the same drive. Next, copy the source clip to your C: drive and repeat. Chances are you won't see much of a difference.

Working with files in general on your C: SSD is much faster than when using any HDDs, but because PD is processing the data the entire time, it's slower read and write rates aren't affected very much by different drive technologies.