Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
multi trim not working
RobertA101 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Gosford. NSW Central Coast Joined: Jan 01, 2013 20:16 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I mark 1st in point, then 1st out point which remains dim.
Previously when I went to mark 2nd in point the 1st out point would fix and the 2nd in would become available.
But now the thing is locked and 1st out point remains dim.
I tried rebooting which a couple of times fixed it, but now does not change.
Reinstalled PD but still no good.
Have tried switching to single trim and back, and the reverse button but still no good.
Previous suggestions re this did not solve it.
Really would prefer not going back to basics on timeline as MultiTrim is quite handy if it works.
It seems to be acting as Single Trim.
Any suggestions appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2019 01:01

RobertA101
Win10
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
mobo Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
RAM 16
Geoforce GTX 550 Ti
PowerDirector17 Ultra 17.0.3005.0

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see any problems with MultiTrim at all. Please take a look at this very brief screen recording and see if you have trouble repeating the same kinds of steps:

You can also make a screen recording to show us what you're seeing.

The next steps would be to follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting thread at the top of the PD17/365 forum, and attach the DxDiag test results along with a screenshot of PD's version screen (with all the icons).

Another thing to try is to upload a short sample clip to a cloud folder and paste the link to it here so other people here can test it and see if PD might be having some difficulty working with it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2019 01:30

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
RobertA101 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Gosford. NSW Central Coast Joined: Jan 01, 2013 20:16 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't see any problems with MultiTrim at all. Please take a look at this very brief screen recording and see if you have trouble repeating the same kinds of steps:

You can also make a screen recording to show us what you're seeing.

The next steps would be to follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting thread at the top of the PD17/365 forum, and attach the DxDiag test results along with a screenshot of PD's version screen (with all the icons).

Another thing to try is to upload a short sample clip to a cloud folder and paste the link to it here so other people here can test it and see if PD might be having some difficulty working with it.

Thanks Optodata - mea culpa - did not update my profile - have just purchase PD17 ultra.
I had looked at a previous post of the same problem and tried the suggestions but no result.
Went to do a screen record and you guessed it, is working again.
When it plays up again will post a screen recording
Regards
Robert RobertA101
Win10
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
RAM 16
Geoforce GTX 550 Ti
PowerDirector17 Ultra 17.0.3005.0

RobertA101 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks Optodata - mea culpa - did not update my profile - have just purchase PD17 ultra.
I had looked at a previous post of the same problem and tried the suggestions but no result.
Went to do a screen record and you guessed it, is working again.
When it plays up again will post a screen recording
Regards
Robert

RESOLVED:

re Multi Editor freezing :

Sometimes we just have to admit being a
bit dumb.

I had read a previous post with
similar problem and suggestions going back several years.

I obviously became confused and lost
the plot, however the solution was really quite simple.

When I wanted a selection starting at
the beginning of the clip, because the pointer was already bright I
neglected to fix it as IN point, then of course I couldn't proceed
past the 1st OUT point.

Hope this helps someone else from doing
the same thing.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 27. 2019 11:17

RobertA101
Win10
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
RAM 16