Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot open any of my projects
Noonan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2007 16:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot open any of my projects because these messages are appearing "The shadow file (name of file)is unavailable because it is broken or contains an error.Try deleting it in General Preferences and try again". When I diable the Shadow Files in general preferences this is the message that appears: " Media Source Error (Error Code2) A media file in your project may not fully comply with the file format standard or your system may lack the required decoding components for this file."
Everthing was working perfect until I recently installed the latest PD update.
I cannot open projects that i was working on before I installed the update.
Can anyone help me with solving this problem please
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to give us a little bit more information, like: what kind of media files do you have as sources, what settings do you use in PD, what PD update have you done? Can you create a new project with the same files, without the error? And:
can you share the relevant information of your system in a dxdiag file?
Also did you check this forum for possible solutions to the Error Code2?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you have PD set to open up the last project, you'll be stuck in a loop until you open an older project that didn't have this problem. Then use File > New to clear the workspace. If PD is set to open without the last project, you can try this step right away:

Under Preferences, uncheck the shadow files box and use the Manually Delete option, then select all of the cached files and delete them.

PD may not be able to delete all files, but it should be able to if you close the program and try again.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
You can also try opening the last Auto Save Project.
See the box that shows the storage location.
It is not this that shows the image I have changed.
I do not remember, I think you'll have to have Windows show hidden files before you can access them.
[Thumb - autosave.png]
 Filename
autosave.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Noonan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your help
I finally solved my problem by reinstalling the programme
Noonan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your help.
I finally solved my problem by reinstalling the programme.
Still no idea what caused it.