Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to recreate this effect?
[Post New]
I've seen this effect quite a lot recently and I would love to recreate it... but I'm not sure how with Powerdirector?

The effect in question can be seen right at the start of this video. The titles and text are all behind the mic stand yet in front of the rest of the stage. Now, I was there when this was filmed and I can assure you that there were no green screens or any magic going on on stage... so, any ideas?

TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've seen this effect quite a lot recently and I would love to recreate it... but I'm not sure how with Powerdirector?

The effect in question can be seen right at the start of this video. The titles and text are all behind the mic stand yet in front of the rest of the stage. Now, I was there when this was filmed and I can assure you that there were no green screens or any magic going on on stage... so, any ideas?

I'm sure that there's a way to do this within PD17. I'd reach out to Sharper Turtle and ask him. He has a lot of impressive tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6a0_l0sZGJNO0FXqaCB4KA/featured
[Post New]
Ah, thanks for that. I took a look at his tutorials and something on there reminded me about the mask feature.

I've figured it out now.

Here's a quick test I did. The original shot was the guy looking out over a canal. All I did was put that on track 1 and 3 with the text on track 2. I then used the mask feature to cut out around his head on track 3.

Really quite simple but very effective!