Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crop(Zoom) MP4 video, blurry??
clarkston lacrosse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2019 23:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am editing lacrosse game video(MP4). I am trying to crop and zoom in for highlights, but the results become fuzzy. Is there a way to do this and not lose clarity?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 30. 2019 23:24

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to capture in 4k and produce in 2k. You would then be able to zoom in 2x theoretically and not loose details. The frame rate and shutter speed to be high to capture action with less motion blur.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Tomasc has the right answer, and chances are if you're zooming in and the result is blurry, you're bascially zooming in too far. It looks like you and I are peers when it comes to lacrosse, and here are what my highlight reels look like:

This is with an HD 60p camera. I've cropped almost every scene, but the picture is still pretty sharp because I didn't zoom in more than about 1.5x. Midseason I got a 4K 60p camera, and the results are noticeably clearer because I knew I would be shooting in 4K and producing to HD, so I was freer to stay wider when recording and zoom in more during editing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2019 00:38

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
astroASMR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2021 07:02 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Tomasc has the right answer, and chances are if you're zooming in and the result is blurry, you're bascially zooming in too far. It looks like you and I are peers when it comes to lacrosse, and here are what my highlight reels look like:

This is with an HD 60p camera. I've cropped almost every scene, but the picture is still pretty sharp because I didn't zoom in more than about 1.5x. Midseason I got a 4K 60p camera, and the results are noticeably clearer because I knew I would be shooting in 4K and producing to HD, so I was freer to stay wider when recording and zoom in more during editing.

Or maybe cyberlink programs are no match for more expensive programs eg adobe after affects which are used to do special affects like pinning somoene elses face onto another body on a video, sfx eg supermans superspeed altering only one thing to move faster on a video and nothing else, i even did a sfx shot where i shot a super fireball out of my palms like in a anime using masking options i learnt watching a youtube video, i did fancy titles rising from a 3D water i made (with zero knowledge aswell)

cyberlink software is just your basics, my powerstudio is less then 1gb i doubt sony vegas or affect affects is that small, check this video clip of a japanese vtuber someone translated: time 0:40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEgsHWC4KhI

people all over youtube are using that zoom in function with ZERO distortion, on my powerstudio I immediately get distortion despite i haven't even "produced" it yet and i don't feel i zoomed in that much, producing in 4k shouldn't make any difference, unless there's something i'm missing I say this is stupid

p.s i'm not even exaggerating on the affects options, people are doing masking techniques for TONS of parody videos on youtube one example are the bully maguire videos (parody of spiderman 3's toby maguire bullying people) taking toby maguire and putting him in other movies. Or actors from a movie and putting them in a video game

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2021 05:06