Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu Ray playback problems after May 2019 Windows Update?
Stephen_B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2019 10:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My Powerdvd 18 is playing cd's and dvd's fine but now blu rays do not work. Restarted and updated to no avail. Is cyberlink forcing me to upgrade to 19 or is this fixable? I have a latest gen Dell AIO with a pioneer external drive.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My Powerdvd 18 is playing cd's and dvd's fine but now blu rays do not work. Restarted and updated to no avail. Is cyberlink forcing me to upgrade to 19 or is this fixable?

Hello,
Users are not forced to upgrade to the latest version to continue playing Blu-rays. An update may be requried for your GPU or other device driver, or for PowerDVD.
Please contact CyberLink Technical Support and they will help you to resolve the issue:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Be sure to include the full specs of your computer (DXDiag file) and also which exact discs you are trying to play.
Cheers,
PowerDVD Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2019 20:54

Hbrand [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Florida Joined: Nov 20, 2008 20:31 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Don't upgrade to 19 jet.
Mine does not work with 4K UHD , 18 is good.
Greetings, Harold

Hello,
Users are not forced to upgrade to the latest version to continue playing Blu-rays. An update may be requried for your GPU or other device driver, or for PowerDVD.
Please contact CyberLink Technical Support and they will help you to resolve the issue:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Be sure to include the full specs of your computer (DXDiag file) and also which exact discs you are trying to play.
Cheers,
PowerDVD Moderator