Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Exporting LUT from Colordirector to a format that the Powerdirector understands
eki [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2018 08:24 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I have a situation with a ton of short clips recorded under exact same conditions, in need to be color corrected (several seconds per clip).

I would like to avoid launching an instance of Colordirector for each and every one, and instead just apply preset to the clip In Powerdirector.

I had Director Suite 16, and could not get it to work.

So I've upgraded to yearly subscription, lead by the key note for the Colordirector 7:

"Import and export LUTs for professional-grade color adjustment"

Unfortunately, the only export option is still ".cdadj", that is not recognized by the Powerdirector.

Wierd, right? One would assume that the formats should be recognized between programs in the same suite of the same version.

Does anyone have an idea on how to convert ".cdadj" to any usable LUT file format for Powerdirector?

Am I looking to this problem from a wrong angle?

Help please !

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 23. 2019 07:12

[Post New]
Hello eki,

Welcome to the CDR forum if you've not been welcomed before laughing

In CDR, after you've made the adjustments you wish to the clip, click Create and select "Color LookUp Table". After filling in the necessary details, click Save.

Your LUT will be saved in .cube format which can be imported into PDR.

Those steps are shown in the attached screenshots. I've also attached an example LUT created in CDR.

If that's unclear, let us know & we can rectify.

PIX
[Thumb - PDR Import LUT.jpg]
 Filename
PDR Import LUT.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
373 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
[Thumb - CDR Create LUT.jpg]
 Filename