Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to erase parts of the scene, not using mask
eki [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2018 08:24 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have a chroma keyed video that has some artifacts I want to remove.

I've seen instructions on how to use mask, crop, and resizing.

However, none of those are applicable in this case.

I'm looking for something like the "eraser" in photoshop - to selectivly make small random parts of the screen transparent.

Is something like this possible in Powerdirector?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 16. 2019 03:16

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm looking for something like the "eraser" in photoshop - to selectivly make small random parts of the screen transparent.

Is something like this possible in Powerdirector?

If you have a PD version that has Boris FX, there are tools to remove specific areas by copying the content from other areas there, and you could copy a chroma keyed area which would also remove the problem areas.

There are other ways of doing this but how to go about is really depends on your subject material. It would help if you could post a screenshot of your clip showing the chroma keyed sections, and then also highlight the additional areas you'd like to have removed.
eki [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2018 08:24 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I will for sure take a look at Boris FX, however, I've ended up taking a screen shot of the scene, and created the custom mask for this particular scene.

Thanks !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2019 03:18