Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't update because logins aren't working
TravisJ [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 12, 2019 21:02 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Just purchased PowerDirector 17 Ulltimate, and was able to naviatge to the required, official CyberLink online-download center with a password that was e-mailed to me during my purchase, to download all of the .exe files and installed them all and whatnot.

Then, launched the program and used the Serial Number that was e-mailed to me during my purchase, and it was accepted, successful, and the program launched successfully, and everything.

So I'm in Timeline mode, attempting to edit a video (and I'm trying to insert a .PNG file as logo in the corner of the video, that's all I want to do and can't seem to figure it out, by the way) , but as I am using the program, I get a prompt that suggests I update my software and whatnot. So. Cool. I click the dialogue box to do so, and I am taken to some sort of download portal that's requiring me to log-in.

But it's not seeming to take my e-mail address that I used to purcahse the software and the password that was e-mailed to me in that purchase-e-mail.

Am I missing something..? What else do I need to do in order to be able to log-in and download the update? I was able to use the login credentials to go to the *initiial* online-download location to download the 13 .exe files to make it work, but something about these credentials are not allowing me to log-in to download update(s).

..and yeah, could also use a tutorial on how to place a .PNG logo file into the bottom-right corner of a video to simply stay there as astatic image the whole time the video plays.

Thanks.

--TravisJ
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You don't have to log in anywhere to get updates. There's a link here on the PD17 forum for the 2727 patch, or you can get it from the dedicated Software Updates page.

There are tons of how to and getting started videos. There are many lists here by forum members (search for "tutorial"), on YouTube and at the Cyberlink Learning Center.

All you need to do is place your PNG image on a track below where your main content will be, then open it in the PiP Designer. Resize it and move it to the corner of the screen and click OK. The drag or click on the stopwqatch icon to set its duration.

Since it's on a lower (but higher numbered) track, it will be placed "on top" of the content in the lower numbered track, like this subtle title is: