Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video file conversion
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Hello again. Got a problem and need a solution.
Awhile back, I imported some .mod (720x480) files and produced and burned a movie to disc. Somehow, I screwed up and made it a Blueray production with BDMV ext and M2TS. Plays good on my computer but nothing else - we don't have Blueray equip.
So, thinking I could redo it and make it a MPEG4 vido, I tried to import into PD16. No way. Wrong file.
Does anyone know how to covert it to MPEG4? I tried a couple software programs but way too expensive for a 1 time thing.
Looked @ P2G but nothing for MP4 - only to mobile device.
Appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
If you have all of the original source files and the pds project file then all you have to do is to make it into a DVD or produce it to a mp4.

An alternative would be for you to copy the bdmv/stream/0000.m2ts file from the blu-ray disc to the hard drive. Import that file to the PD16 timeline and produce it as a mp4.
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you have all of the original source files and the pds project file then all you have to do is to make it into a DVD or produce it to a mp4.

An alternative would be for you to copy the bdmv/stream/0000.m2ts file from the blu-ray disc to the hard drive. Import that file to the PD16 timeline and produce it as a mp4.

Thanks Tomasc for the "heads-up". I've never dealt with Blueray files, so was at a loss on what to do.
I'll try the stream part and see what happens. Will update this then.
As always, I alway know I can find someone in the forums to help me learn. I can't express how much I appreciate the help. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks Tomasc for the "heads-up". I've never dealt with Blueray files, so was at a loss on what to do.
I'll try the stream part and see what happens. Will update this then.
As always, I alway know I can find someone in the forums to help me learn. I can't express how much I appreciate the help.

Well, I imported the "stream" file. Took quite a while to import. Added a short music clip then went to Produce in MP4, then went to Burn to Disc and Create a File. Eveything really, really slow. Took about 1+ hour to get to that point.
After clicking on Burn, got the error shown in the atch.
Will try and find the original clips. Hopefully I still have them on my portable HD.
Thanks for your help.
[Thumb - pd no go.JPG]
 Filename
pd no go.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
Jack