Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning DVD (No audio sound)
LEO STARRY SKY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2019 12:36 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I burn DVD but after viewing the DVD in a normal DVD player, there's no sound at all. Is it because I chose the wrong audio encoding format (DTS)?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have sound with the DVD when played in the pc ...
LEO STARRY SKY [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Do you have sound with the DVD when played in the pc ...

Hi tomasc,
When viewing DVD on PC, there's sound.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Good. You have the codec on the pc to play the dts audio. By normal DVD player I think you mean a standalone DVD player. Check the side of the player to see if there is a sticker on it that read DTS 5.1. The more expensive or better players will have that sticker on it. It may also have an optical out that allows you to connect to your HT audio system with a fiber optic cable or with the proper hdmi cable.
LEO STARRY SKY [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi tomasc,
I viewed my videos burned in DVD-R using a normal standalone DVD player and the texts are not in place, video not clear and a bit sound problem so I think I will prefer to view it on a PC instead.

I'm unsure of the options to choose for 2D Disc Burn so can I ask u this:

Which one should I choose, LPCM or Dolby Digital or DTS?
Also should I choose 2 channels or 5.1 channels?

Fyi, I'm using Cyberlink PowerDirector 17 Ultimate.

Can you pls fill me with these details too:

1) Name of codec needed on the pc?

2) If PC doesn't have this codec, where can I download it for free?

Waiting for yr reply asap, thanks a lot

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 06. 2019 08:43

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
For Codecs a good starting point is:
https://www.computerworlduk.com/download/audio-video-photo/k-lite-codec-pack-basic-1494-3249083/
IF Texts are not in place etc, then maybe switch on the TV safe zone (amongst others is Preferences / display
Video not clear? Did it show well on the PC in PD? Is your DVD player OKAY?

Try producing with the MPEG DVD HQ settings, and accept the coding that is used there. When you have to adjust the standards then usabaly something else is wrong....

But I am not Tomasc of course :
LEO STARRY SKY [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Warry,

Thanks for yr help, I had successfully burned a 2D disc. I choose MPEG-2 & HQ720x480/60i(9.5Mbps) for video encoding format and quality. As for the audio encoding format and channels, I choose LPCM & 2 channels.

Hope this will be of help to others who have a similar situation as me.

I still have another 2 more qns:

1) When I burn a 3D disc, how come the colour of the video becomes pale? I thought 3D should give vibrant colourful videos but it's not.

2) Which DVD player should I install in order have a smooth viewing of my videos? I need a FREE DVD Player App. I installed a FREE [DVD Player +] App from Microsoft Store and I found out my videos are lagging and not being viewed smoothly.

Waiting for yr reply asap, thanks again.

Have a wonderful day, Warry laughing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2019 04:27

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I have not too much experience with 3D. I GUESS that it also depends on the way 3D is composed. One of the options is the one with the coloured pair of glasses, I can imagine that this is not contributing to brilliant colurs : But maybe someone here has a better answer for you!

A free DVD (Blu-ray) etc. player app is not difficult: use VLC @ https://www.videolan.org/
It can not only play (almost) any kind of video and audio but also many sorts of disks. It comes with a series of codecs itself so that also helps a bit. Subtitles, but also video effects (maybe tuning the colours:) etc. I guess that you may be ending up using the VLC for most of the video (and even audio) playing in Windows.

Have fun!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2019 05:21

LEO STARRY SKY [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Warry,

Thank You So Much laughing I had been looking up and down, left and right for a suitable FREE DVD player from Microsoft Store but can't find suitable ones. Thanks again for yr recommendation, I'm sure it will work well wink

Also, u mentioned the special glasses for 3D then a thought sparkled, yes 3D must wear special glasses so this is what the 3D disc is

all about, thanks for sharing this info, appreciate it, I remember now that I have a pair of 3D glasses which was given free when I

bought a CD. laughing

I had installed VLC Player and it works fine except video doesn't run smoothly, is it possible to adjust settings to resolve this issue? How to adjust?

Waiting for yr reply asap, thanks a lot.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 07. 2019 06:32

Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Warry,

Thank You So Much laughing I had been looking up and down, left and right for a suitable FREE DVD player from Microsoft Store but can't find suitable ones. Thanks again for yr recommendation, I'm sure it will work well wink

Also, u mentioned the special glasses for 3D then a thought sparkled, yes 3D must wear special glasses so this is what the 3D disc is

all about, thanks for sharing this info, appreciate it, I remember now that I have a pair of 3D glasses which was given free when I

bought a CD. laughing

I had installed VLC Player and it works fine except video doesn't run smoothly, is it possible to adjust settings to resolve this issue? How to adjust?

Waiting for yr reply asap, thanks a lot.

Hmmm. VLC should play video smoothly. You may want to get into the settings, but usually VLC plays OKAY out of the box. Maybe your PC cannot handle our has a lot to do at the same time?
LEO STARRY SKY [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Warry, my Laptop has 134GB available so this can't be the reason for video not running smoothly, tomasac recommended windows 7 media player but mine is not Windows 7 but Windows 10 so I tried to use my Windows Media Player but unable to play the DVD-R.

But luckily, I had found a FREE & GOOD DVD Player called the GOM Player, it plays all the content (Menu, Starting Video & all my 6 videos) in my burned DVD. Below is the link for downloading GOM Player:

https://download.cnet.com/GOM-Player/3000-13632_4-10551786.html

Anyway Warry, thanks again laughing for giving me yr guidance and help.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 08. 2019 10:18