Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fade to/from white instead of black?
[Post New]
Is there a way to add a Fade transition, but fading to/from white instead of black? I can't find that option anywhere. Only Fade, and that's to/from black.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
One method, put a white colorboard in video track 1, with your video clips in track 2, apply a fade to end of clip 1 and another fade at the start of clip 2.

This will fade the first clip out to white, and then from white fade into the color of the second clip.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff's approach is the most versatile. If you want to fade between clips, rather than to fade in or out from white, the Glow transition may be worth trying out out as well.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
I'm surprised there isn't a "Fade (White)" transition included, it doesn't seem like something that's too hard to make. Plus I bought Ultra, and it's not an option there either. I didn't need it for right now, I just wanted it as an option for convenience.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's not a standard transition, and no version of PD has it. There are 3rd party (paid) options, like Pixelan's DissolveMaster.

As you can see, it has many presets that fade to white, and each of these can be tweaked in just about every way imaginable:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote One method, put a white colorboard in video track 1, with your video clips in track 2, apply a fade to end of clip 1 and another fade at the start of clip 2.

This will fade the first clip out to white, and then from white fade into the color of the second clip.

Jeff

I do this all on track one, where the white borad is simply another video source. By adding two cross fade transitions, I dissolve to it, and then from it to a new clip. The end result is a fade to white and a fade up from white.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2019 06:03