Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to produce video WITHOUT re-encoding
avidichard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 14:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I use an MP3 file as an audio track and cut off a few scenes from videos with all the same format and in MKV. BUT everytime I produce a movie, it takes soo long to produce and drastically increases the file size when wanting quaity when all I want is to paste clips together with an audio track without re-encoding the whole thing. I can manually do that using FFMPEG but the process is long and teadious. I paid for a software that should have done the job for me but it ALWAYS re-encodes no matter what I choose.

So, how do I tell PowerDirector to NOT re-ecode and simply merge the files together?
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.
Quote I use an MP3 file as an audio track and cut off a few scenes from videos with all the same format and in MKV. ...

without re-encoding SVRT is the answer. BUT, read Why am I unable to use Intelligent SVRT function within CyberLink PowerDirector .

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
avidichard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 14:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I don't like the answer at all, but it IS the answer so I'll need to stick with FFMPEG for big merging jobs I do INDEED add some transition effects at the begginning and end of the video (fade from and to dark) and sometimes a crossfade between clips. If we could disable that intelligent detection and let the application do what we ask and assume our mistake if that was not the way to go, this would be awsome.

Thanks a whole lot for your answer, VERY appreciated!
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
You might want to at least try SVRT. In PD15, SVRT will kick in and out for the parts it can do and let the CPU do things like fades. If it's the same in PD16, can save you lots of time.
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Gday.
A short video I found useful. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u4VxjfZOaw iammykyl