Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 disables autorun
Graham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2009 01:35 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded to PD8 from PD7 and now I cannot get the cd/dvd drive to autorun.

Does anyone now how to fix this?

It is enabled in the registry but will not work.

Thanks

Graham
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
In Vista, go to the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Autoplay. You can set the computer to take the action that you want when a CD/DVD is inserted. It should be similar in other versions of Windows.

I believe Autorun is programmed into the disc itself, so I would imagine Autoplay is what you are looking for. If not, come back and let us know. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Graham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2009 01:35 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jaime,

I forgot to mention I am using XP.

I tried setting the autoplay features using properties on the cd/dvd drive and checked the registry to make sure auto run was enabled..it was.

It just won't work with PD8 but does with PD7.

Is there a disable autorun option that I missed in PD8.

Thanks
Graham
Al [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2009 02:11 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
This is what I have found:
Microsoft security patch 967715 (July 2009) disabled autorun for CD/DVD roms,usb drives,network drives etc. These settings can be changed by the user by modifying the registry key NoDriveTypeAutoRun located in HKEY_Current_User\software\microsoft\Windows\Current version\policies\explorer\ using Microsoft's instructions for enabling autorun for various devices.
Now before I installed PD8 I could modify these settings. After installation of PD8 the key is there but is now a Reg_binary versus what it was before Reg_DWORD and appears to contain its own unique settings.