Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to make the timeline bigger so that I can see it better?
[Post New]
specifically, things ive inserted or overwritten?

THey are so thin I cant even see some of them and the only way I can tell I am pointing at them is the pop up of their title.

I queried this question in the search engine but just come up with enlarging duration or cropping and enlarging type answers.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
If by bigger you mean zoom in on timeline contents, then with the mouse in the timeline timecode region, it changes to double horizontal arrow, left mouse click and drag left to shrink timeline or to the right to expand timeline timescale.

If by bigger you mean a video track that is larger vertically, right mouse click in a unused region of a video track and use the "Adjust Video Track Height" option.

If by bigger you mean more screen space for the timeline region, then in the middle of the screen under the media library are 5 little dots, place the mouse there, it will change to a double vertical arrow, left mouse click and drag up to shrink size of media library space and create more screen space for the timeline.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote If by bigger you mean zoom in on timeline contents, then with the mouse in the timeline timecode region, it changes to double horizontal arrow, left mouse click and drag left to shrink timeline or to the right to expand timeline timescale.

If by bigger you mean a video track that is larger vertically, right mouse click in a unused region of a video track and use the "Adjust Video Track Height" option.

If by bigger you mean more screen space for the timeline region, then in the middle of the screen under the media library are 5 little dots, place the mouse there, it will change to a double vertical arrow, left mouse click and drag up to shrink size of media library space and create more screen space for the timeline.

Jeff

Thanks for your reply

Edit:

On the first option above, when you stretch out the timeline, it doesnt alter anything except how the timeline appears to the PD user, correct?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2019 14:36

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote On the first option above, when you stretch out the timeline, it doesnt alter anything except how the timeline appears to the PD user, correct?

Correct, as you are not changing any of the timeline contents, you are simply zooming into a smaller time scale. You can also use the "+" or "-" keyboard shortcuts to zoom in or out of the timeline too.

Jeff