Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding transitions to all the video clips
Ray2019 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2019 21:41 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way, a shortcut to add transitions to all the video clips (not still images)? Imagine I have 30 video clips, instead of selecting each and adding transition I would like to select all and add one transition to them to save time.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go to the transition room and select any transition. You should then see three buttons top of the timeline to do just that. Hover over each of the selection to see your choices.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there any way, a shortcut to add transitions to all the video clips (not still images)? Imagine I have 30 video clips, instead of selecting each and adding transition I would like to select all and add one transition to them to save time.

Can't really do that, video only and not still images. The wording and functionality of the feature has been extremely misleading and not even consistent between audio and video. Tried to get some clarification back at a PD15 suggestion, but no traction, went no place. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/125/45634.page#post_box_245935

Jeff
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there any way, a shortcut to add transitions to all the video clips (not still images)? Imagine I have 30 video clips, instead of selecting each and adding transition I would like to select all and add one transition to them to save time.

As Jeff has mentioned, the application of transitions to multiple clips is not completely clear. There are a couple of theoretical workarounds, but they involve as much work as applying transitions one by one.

For example: make up a new tag, add your chosen transition to it. When you highlight the transition you can use the apply random transition to all, but as there is only your chosen one, that is applied to all clips (image and video) on all tracks.

To isolate one track from that effect, lock all the others, and the random transition is applied only to the unlocked track.

Variations on this technique would allow dragging your selected clips to an empty track, locking the others, applying the transition, unlocking, re-positioning and adjusting for timings.

In a similar way, non-contiguous selections can be made and have a post or prefix transition applied to each clip, then re-positioned into the main timeline, obviously the cross or overlap function is not available in such cases.

However, all the above are a bit cumbersome and may not be worthwhile in practise??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator