Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with Theme Designer for Wedding Album
georgesz99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2015 11:40 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

I watched the tutorial https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/pdr?AP=PDR&Version=16&versionType=Ultimate&utm_source=pdr&utm_medium=16&utm_campaign=Tutorial&code=106 and my theme designer looks nothing like that.

look at my attachment....

I am trying to work out how i can change effects on any picture and or duration...

any help would really be helpful

thanks

george
[Thumb - themeditor.PNG]
 Filename
themeditor.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
my theme designer
 Filesize
661 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The link to that tutorial is for PD12 Theme Designer FloatingFrames which does not exist in any version of PD including the Ultimate versions that I could find. The closest is Picture Frames. You opened PD16 Theme Designer Wedding Album in which the interface is different from PD12. You got it working okay.

If you drag and drop a video clip on the placeholder, then hover the mouse cursor over the placeholder and you will see a mute button and a trim button to shorten the video.

If you drag and drop an image on the placeholder, then hover the mouse cursor over the placeholder and you will see a duration button that allows you to click on it and set the duration.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2019 22:43

georgesz99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The link to that tutorial is for PD12 Theme Designer FloatingFrames which does not exist in any version of PD including the Ultimate versions that I could find. The closest is Picture Frames. You opened PD16 Theme Designer Wedding Album in which the interface is different from PD12. You got it working okay.

If you drag and drop a video clip on the placeholder, then hover the mouse cursor over the placeholder and you will see a mute button and a trim button to shorten the video.

If you drag and drop an image on the placeholder, then hover the mouse cursor over the placeholder and you will see a duration button that allows you to click on it and set the duration.

Tomas

thanks for replying: nt quite sure why you get PD 12 ... look at the last attachment the link is definitely pd16...

Anyway look at the first two screenshots... if you right click you will see there are options to change effects which are grayed out ... ie the only option is to remove the photo...

i added a video ... the option in bottom left is to take a snapshot... huh??? what does that mean???

i note that on the picture you can change the duration... but nowhere gives yo any ability to change effects...

I spotted a 'better' tutorial but still no mention of how to change effects... must find part 2

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=how+to+use+theme+designer+in+powerdirector

george
georgesz99 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Tomas

thanks for replying: nt quite sure why you get PD 12 ... look at the last attachment the link is definitely pd16...

Anyway look at the first two screenshots... if you right click you will see there are options to change effects which are grayed out ... ie the only option is to remove the photo...

i added a video ... the option in bottom left is to take a snapshot... huh??? what does that mean???

i note that on the picture you can change the duration... but nowhere gives yo any ability to change effects...

I spotted a 'better' tutorial but still no mention of how to change effects... must find part 2

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=how+to+use+theme+designer+in+powerdirector

george

support also gave me this really good tutorial...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTkC7lXUfn0
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote thanks for replying: nt quite sure why you get PD 12 ... look at the last attachment the link is definitely pd16...

He was pointing out that the tutorial you watched was made for PD12, even though the link came from the PD16 support page.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°