Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing video speed moves timeline
cotsy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2018 12:21 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I have my main storyline videos on track 1 and B roll on track 2. When I change the speed (length) of a video on track 2 it inserts a space and moves all the videos on track 1, which I don't want to happen.

Thanks
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have my main storyline videos on track 1 and B roll on track 2. When I change the speed (length) of a video on track 2 it inserts a space and moves all the videos on track 1, which I don't want to happen.

Thanks

You have options to not move track, move only one track, or all tracks.
You can also lock the track by the lock on the left side. See picture.

[Thumb - no move.jpg]
 Filename
no move.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 15. 2019 08:35

TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have my main storyline videos on track 1 and B roll on track 2. When I change the speed (length) of a video on track 2 it inserts a space and moves all the videos on track 1, which I don't want to happen.

Thanks

Another option...........In order to fill that gap and bring the other clips back in sync, hold down your left mouse button on an empty track on the timeline and then move your cursor. You will see a box start to emerge. Every clip that that box touches will be selected. You can then move all of those selected clips at the same time to fill your gap.