Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photodirector won't open
kjankabar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2019 19:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Photodirector 10 is installed on my Mac. A few days ago the program got hung up trying to save a layer file. I waited an hour for it to save and finally had to manually quit the program. Since then the application starts to initiate but immediately crashes. I read on the forum about people seeing a journal file when PD10 doesn't save correctly and sure enough that is there. I deleted it but the application still won't open. I then downloaded a blank new project from this forum and tried to open with no luck. At this point I think PD10 is just corrupted and I need to uninstall and reinstall -- heavy sigh. The trouble is how to uninstall on the mac so that when I try to reinstall it does so correctly without any issues? Everything I've found on cyberlink and other searches is specific to Windows -- which I find frustrating since Cyberlink sells the app for Mac.

Also, in the few months since starting to use PD10 I noticed that saving layers seems to be problematic for the app. I always cross my fingers when saving layers in progress. Anyone else notice this as well? Just not happy with the stability issues I've seen in the program since installing.

Thanks much,