Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating textured color backgrounds
[Post New]
I would love to create textured and tonal color backgrounds for some of my images using PhotoDirector 9. I do not want flat, solid color backgrounds.

I attach an example of an effect/background as an example ( I assume this has been created using the Photoshop Brush tool but I am not familiar with Photoshop)

Is this possible in PhotoDirector 9? Any advice and guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you smile

[Thumb - example.jpg]
 Filename
example.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There is a large collection of textured images that can be used for backgrounds in Eric Maytas's website. See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/51018.page .
[Post New]
Thank you so much for this tomasc smile

This is a fantastic resource and I can see wonderful opportunities by using the "Blur Tools" in the Edit Mode with these images as a base image.

Quote There is a large collection of textured images that can be used for backgrounds in Eric Maytas's website. See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/51018.page .
[Post New]
Hello Reand,

Certainly, the best way to go about "creating" textured backgrounds is to begin by photographing appropriate materials: rock, metal, paper, plant material, water, sky etc.

Some time back I photographed, or gathered from other sources, a collection of textural images and share them on Google Drive. The direct purpose, at the time, was to use as layered overlays in the Layers module of PhD. Many of them would suit your purposes, & they're still available.

I've, just now, uploaded a different set of images photographed/collected for the same purpose. With some blurring, & other effects, they'd be suitable as backdrops rather than overlays.

Along with other forum members, I applaud Eric's work & generosity in sharing his creations in photography, music & video.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Thank you once again PIX for your assistance and the very generous link to the Google Drive zip files.

I feel slightly stupid for not having considered the ease of photographically capturing and "creating" original backgrounds but your reply, and that of tomasc, has opened my eyes to the possibilities.

Many opportunities present themselves for taking these background pics at the same time as photographing the original subject and the bonus is that they are then in the same context, tone etc.

The effort you put in on the forum is really appreciated by me and I am sure by many others.

Thank you!

Quote Hello Reand,

Certainly, the best way to go about "creating" textured backgrounds is to begin by photographing appropriate materials: rock, metal, paper, plant material, water, sky etc.

Some time back I photographed, or gathered from other sources, a collection of textural images and share them on Google Drive. The direct purpose, at the time, was to use as layered overlays in the Layers module of PhD. Many of them would suit your purposes, & they're still available.

I've, just now, uploaded a different set of images photographed/collected for the same purpose. With some blurring, & other effects, they'd be suitable as backdrops rather than overlays.

Along with other forum members, I applaud Eric's work & generosity in sharing his creations in photography, music & video.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 03. 2019 01:45