Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pictures in PD17 Timeline need extending
gdog [Avatar]
Member Location: New Zealand Joined: Feb 11, 2019 13:09 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
I am editing a video and want to include several pictures that Id like to insert between the videos. The pictures are stored in the capture room but when I drag and drop them onto the track Im working on they apppear as slim rectangles which cant be grabbed and enlongated time- wise. I can get the grabber" and do thi s with the video. Its there some method I can use to fix this problem with the pictures?
I looked at the introductory tutorial several times but seem to have missed it.
Cheers
Graeme
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Graeme
There are two ways.

1. Expand the timeline so the pictures look bigger, and you can grab the edges.

or
2. An easier way. Click on the photo and change the duration. The size of objects is dependant on their duration.

As you can see from the attached, you can change the default duration, so that your pictures will be bigger from the start.

Regards

Phil
[Thumb - Picture Duration.PNG]
 Filename
Picture Duration.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Settings
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2019 15:33

gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanksa lot Phil but excuse my ignorance but where do you find Prefernces ? Ive looked everywhere. Cheers
Graeme

Graeme
There are two ways.

or
2. An easier way. Click on the photo and change the duration. The size of objects is dependant on their duration.

As you can see from the attached, you can change the default duration, so that your pictures will be bigger from the start.

Regards

Phil

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2019 15:34

Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Graeme
There are two ways.

or
Regards
Phil

Thanksa lot Phil but excuse my ignorance but where do you find Prefernces ? Ive looked everywhere. Cheers
Graeme

Hi,
The cog at the top left (see pic)

Regards

Phil
[Thumb - Preferences.PNG]
 Filename
Preferences.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2019 15:38

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
To change the duration of an image already on the timeline, simply drag one end of it to the desired length, or click on the clock icon to set the duration manually:

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2019 13:48

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many Thanks I found it. I also found I alos have to replace the c;lip or picture on the Timeline now that the new preferences have been set .But thats fine.

Excellent!!!
Many thanks.
Greme

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2019 15:38

JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Here is clickable list of tutorials you may find useful in working through all the features of PowerDirector.
--Jim