Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector
chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
I am in need of some photo morphing software. This is part of a website I maintain for high school classmates, and in prep for our upcoming reunion, I want to provide photos that morph from their high school yearbook picture to a current picture. Regardless of how cruel that sounds, I did it for our reunion 10 years ago (using Shockwave Flash, though it was extremely time-consuming), and was quite popular. I want to upgrade the photos for this year's reunion, but figure 10 years of technological advancement should make the process painless.

I've looked around, and some packages seem like they'll work, but it's always a bit of a crapshoot. Then I remembered I actually own PhotoDirector, though I've never used it, and would need to reinstall. I am big believer in Cyberlink products (I use PowerDirector extensively), and it occurred to me that PhotoDirector might very well answer the call. I wanted to ask before going to trouble of installing (it requires getting download, etc).

So: does PhotoDirector have the capability of generating a web-deployable morphing animation? Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
http://www.puckettpublishing.com
http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com
[Post New]
Hello Chuck,

The answer to your question, I'm afraid, is very short. No. PhotoDirector has no facility for morphing photos.

There are quite a few (well regarded) applications dedicated to this purpose, as well as some well known Adobe products.

PIX PIX YouTube channel