Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Power Director 17 Standard
PhilippElhaus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2019 12:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just bought this...cause i only need some basic features. I want to produce the video, make some selections...out of a sudden something pops up "your version is not eligble for this, please upgrade".

Like man...then CUT THIS OUT OF MY VERSION.....it just steals me time if it's in but then a stupid popup comes up wanting to milk me out of more money.

Just cut these options than completely out if they're not in my version. I bought STANDARD specifically cause i dont need fancy shit. Dont upsell me and include a "No thx i dont want to upgrade, hide all options i cannot do". WORST
Dont want to be reminded every 10minutes that i can upgrade cause i selected something that's not in my version.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 24. 2019 05:18

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Actually there is no scam. It is clearly listed which features are available in the Standard version if you did the research before you bought:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23375

You chose the cheapest of four versions, so logically there would be a resaon for that. And you can find that reasoning, Above.

What you can do, is take advantage of CyberLink's 30 day return policy and then get the version that you actually require to acomplish what you want to do.

David
[Post New]
A better way to say it is "PD 17 standard is an overly irritating salesmen"

Welcome to all Cyberlink products that run on a desktop. =( -- A merry heart doeth good as a medicine --
The Troy Spiral Experience on YouTube (BDSM)