Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Organize videos in folders in media room.
[Post New]
I imported two folders and I thought that PD would make folders for me but it just put all the videos in the media room. Can I organize them into folder?
NigelVideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2014 13:43 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
RE FOLDERS: Nope media room just displays everything you import.
You can show/hide different media types by toggling off/on the media types icons (videos, images, audio) at the top of the window.
If you want to move everything you've imported into ONE folder you have to use Pack project materials.. under the File menu.

IMPORTANT: Be careful about duplicate filenames.
I recently had a scenario where some pictures I had imported pictures from various folders had the same filenames.
This resulted in pictures I had already used in my slideshow being replaced with the duplicates without me noticing until I had produced the project.

I only noticed because the new pictures were stretched so stood out.
This was because they had different dimensions to the ones they had replaced however the slideshow kept the dimensions from the old pictures resulting in the wrong aspect ratio being used.
Took me awhile to track down what was happening as initially I though it was a bug in PD making the aspect ratio go haywire until I tracked it down to duplicate filenames!
[Post New]
Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I imported two folders and I thought that PD would make folders for me but it just put all the videos in the media room. Can I organize them into folder?

This post and pic may help you, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50151.page

Jeff
[Post New]

This post and pic may help you, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50151.page

Jeff

Thanks a lot