Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using Power2go version 8.0. How do I burn an MP4 file to a DVD?
guttersnipes199 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2019 11:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Using Power2go version 8.0. How do I burn an MP4 file to a DVD?

Thanks for any help you can provide! guttersnipes199
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Just a comment first - regular DVD players will play mp3 files normally. They will not play mp4 discs.

To burn an mp4 file, treat the disc as a data disc. Some players would see the data disc and play it.

You can also try using a thumb drive if the file is large. Thumb drives are inexpensive, can contain a lot of data, and are more rugged.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2019 12:12

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Open P2Go. Choose Video Disc. Content tab – Add say a 1920 x 1080 resolution mp4 file. The menu was already preselected previously on mine. Preview and it looks great. Ready to burn.

Of course you may not have all the features if you got the free version. Worth a try.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just a comment first - regular DVD players will play mp3 files normally. They will not play mp4 discs.

To burn an mp4 file, treat the disc as a data disc. Some players would see the data disc and play it.

You can also try using a thumb drive if the file is large. Thumb drives are inexpensive, can contain a lot of data, and are more rugged.

a cheap DVD-R disc is more suitable for give-away.
btw, mp3 is a music format while mp4 is a movie format. they're not the same.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]

a cheap DVD-R disc is more suitable for give-away.
btw, mp3 is a music format while mp4 is a movie format. they're not the same.

OOPS ! I meant to type mpg2. Sorry. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.