CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to export or save one photo file
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
I just exported several photos with 1 exception. I received an error "An error occurred during the export of these files" with the one file listed.

I tried to "Save As" the sae file and received this error: "The photo file is in use."

I restarted my computer, thinking something might be stuck in cache but it didn't help.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!! Power Director 17 | Photo Director 10 | Win10 Home | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Gz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Intel HD Graphics 530 |Dell 0H0CC0 | 119GB SanDisk X400 M.2 2280 128GB (SATA (SSD)) | 931GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA)| NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
[Post New]
Hello Myemerald,

I can honestly not think of a possible cause for that alert/error, nor do I recall it happening or being reported here.

Just as a test, could you please try the following steps:

1. Open a new PhD project (File > New Project, or Ctrl+N)

2. Import the error-causing file into your project from its current file path

3. Edit it as before, making similar adjustments

4. Export the photo as before, using the same export options

Do those steps cause the alert message?

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Oh and, if you're using PhD10, please ensure that you've updated to the most recent build (2509 at the time of posting).

It's generally wise to keep updated whichever version you're using.

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello Myemerald,

I can honestly not think of a possible cause for that alert/error, nor do I recall it happening or being reported here.

Just as a test, could you please try the following steps:

1. Open a new PhD project (File > New Project, or Ctrl+N)

2. Import the error-causing file into your project from its current file path

3. Edit it as before, making similar adjustments

4. Export the photo as before, using the same export options

Do those steps cause the alert message?

PIX

Hi PIX,

I followed the steps and there were no alert messages. I have the current build, 2509.

Just tried again with the original project and file, still receiving error.

This is so strange. Power Director 17 | Photo Director 10 | Win10 Home | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Gz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Intel HD Graphics 530 |Dell 0H0CC0 | 119GB SanDisk X400 M.2 2280 128GB (SATA (SSD)) | 931GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA)| NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
[Post New]
I'm pleased (at least) that worked, even though I cannot explain it.

I know that on a few occasions since beginning to use PhotoDirector I've experienced similarly annoying issues which I just categorise as "project corruption". That's most likely not an accurate description, but that what led me to make the suggestion above.

I'm sorry I'm unable to explain it, but at least you got part of the result you're after.

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Yes, I'm happy to have been able to get the one photo re-edited and saved.

Thank you! Power Director 17 | Photo Director 10 | Win10 Home | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Gz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Intel HD Graphics 530 |Dell 0H0CC0 | 119GB SanDisk X400 M.2 2280 128GB (SATA (SSD)) | 931GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA)| NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
Reply to this topic