Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to export or save one photo file
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
I just exported several photos with 1 exception. I received an error "An error occurred during the export of these files" with the one file listed.

I tried to "Save As" the sae file and received this error: "The photo file is in use."

I restarted my computer, thinking something might be stuck in cache but it didn't help.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!! DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
[Post New]
Hello Myemerald,

I can honestly not think of a possible cause for that alert/error, nor do I recall it happening or being reported here.

Just as a test, could you please try the following steps:

1. Open a new PhD project (File > New Project, or Ctrl+N)

2. Import the error-causing file into your project from its current file path

3. Edit it as before, making similar adjustments

4. Export the photo as before, using the same export options

Do those steps cause the alert message?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Oh and, if you're using PhD10, please ensure that you've updated to the most recent build (2509 at the time of posting).

It's generally wise to keep updated whichever version you're using.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Myemerald
[Post New]
Quote Hello Myemerald,

I can honestly not think of a possible cause for that alert/error, nor do I recall it happening or being reported here.

Just as a test, could you please try the following steps:

1. Open a new PhD project (File > New Project, or Ctrl+N)

2. Import the error-causing file into your project from its current file path

3. Edit it as before, making similar adjustments

4. Export the photo as before, using the same export options

Do those steps cause the alert message?

PIX

Hi PIX,

I followed the steps and there were no alert messages. I have the current build, 2509.

Just tried again with the original project and file, still receiving error.

This is so strange. DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
[Post New]
I'm pleased (at least) that worked, even though I cannot explain it.

I know that on a few occasions since beginning to use PhotoDirector I've experienced similarly annoying issues which I just categorise as "project corruption". That's most likely not an accurate description, but that what led me to make the suggestion above.

I'm sorry I'm unable to explain it, but at least you got part of the result you're after.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Myemerald
[Post New]
Yes, I'm happy to have been able to get the one photo re-edited and saved.

Thank you! DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD