Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Syncing Problems when capturing video
[Post New]
I have a Brio 4k cam which I capture video with. In PD16, no problems. In PW17 the sound goes out of sync. Not a little bit, but disturbingly.

What can the problem be?
[Post New]
Can someone try this? In the capturing tab, record with your recording device (webcam/dslr) and see if you get the same problem?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can someone try this? In the capturing tab, record with your recording device (webcam/dslr) and see if you get the same problem?

That's not a typical issue, unless you're talking about working with 4k clips and trying to preview in Full HD. In that case, try lowering the preview resolution and/or turning on Shadow Files.

If that doesn't help, or if you believe that the sound and video are actually out of sync when previewed in PD17, it would really help if you could use Screen Recorder to show what's happening on your timeline when you work with those clips.

It would also help to get a sample clip so others can test it on their systems.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]

That's not a typical issue, unless you're talking about working with 4k clips and trying to preview in Full HD. In that case, try lowering the preview resolution and/or turning on Shadow Files.

If that doesn't help, or if you believe that the sound and video are actually out of sync when previewed in PD17, it would really help if you could use Screen Recorder to show what's happening on your timeline when you work with those clips.

I don't mind if the problem only occurs while previewing, but it also occurs when exporting. I can make a short example video.

The thing is that it doesn't solve anything for me, 'cause I know my system plays the exported file as should. But I will make a short video. One moment.
[Post New]

When I drag the audio 4 steps to the right, only then it's synced. In PD16 I had no such problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14. 2019 18:41

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I see that you're recording to 1920x1080/24p MP4. Have you tried changing that to a different frame rate, other container or even a different resolution (just for testing)?

I've been using PD for 10 years but I've never once used the capture room, so hopefully other experienced members can offer some advice on which capture setting they'd recommend using here.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote I see that you're recording to 1920x1080/24p MP4. Have you tried changing that to a different frame rate, other container or even a different resolution (just for testing)?

I've been using PD for 10 years but I've never once used the capture room, so hopefully other experienced members can offer some advice on which capture setting they'd recommend using here.

I've tried every variation. The weird thing is that PD16 doesn't have this problem.

I'll see if I can reach someone at Cyberlink techsupport.

Thanks for your help though

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2019 00:14